Summer Mystery PlotEditar
On the 5th of June 2014, Habitica was shaken by a strange earthquake...
- What Was That?
- Yikes! A mysterious earthquake has rocked Habitica! Luckily, nobody was hurt and there was no real damage, but our scholars are baffled. "We're not even IN a seismic zone," Lady Lemoness was heard muttering as she paged through an enormous tome. "There hasn't been an earthquake since.... but no, that's impossible." Well, if Lemoness says so, it must be true! Seems like it was just a false alarm.
Five days later, Habiticans received this ominous update:
- Remember the strange earthquake we had recently? Well, this probably isn't related in any way, but Habiticans have recently noticed some mysterious black Dailies strewn along the beaches. Lemoness happily reports that they are scrawled upon with an ancient language, and that she is hard at work deciphering the script. More news as this develops!
On the 14th of June 2014, the beloved Lemoness suddenly disappeared...
- It's been a while since we've seen Lemoness around - she's been a bit scarce since she started trying to decipher those ancient Dailies. We just stopped by her hut to check on her and found her..... missing?
- It looked like she'd taken her armor-enchanting crochet hook, but little else. There was a single scrawled note on the table: "I think I've translated it!!!! If I'm right, this is going to be QUITE the summer. Verifying claims - be back soon!!!"
- The only other thing on the table was an ancient map... with the corner ripped off.
The 21st of June revealed a new city in Habitica!
- Dilatory was a lovely island city of ancient Habitica. It was a prosperous place, but as the wealth of the city grew, the inHabitants grew lazy and procrastinated on their Dailies and To-Dos... until the combined weight of their dark red tasks triggered a massive earthquake that sunk the city. Legends say that all of the inHabitants were transformed into sea creatures.
- The location of this city was lost to time... until now!
However, June 22 update shows that this isn't the end...
- But what caused the Earthquake?
- Only one piece of the mystery remains unsolved - what caused the second earthquake that unearthed the ancient Dailies? After all, the earthquake that destroyed Dilatory was caused by a build up of undone Dailies and To-Dos, wasn't it?
- But *we've* all been doing our tasks...
The June 25 update warned Habiticans about going too close to the dark crevasse near the fallen palace.
- It's great to see Habiticans having fun exploring the ruins! There's just one small thing Lemoness wants us to avoid. She's noticed a lot of Habiticans trying to explore the fallen palace of the other side of the dark crevasse. She really doesn't feel that the crevasse is safe, so please don't swim so close. Other than that, enjoy your explorations!
The June 30 update increased the urgency of the warning against Habiticans about going too close to the dark crevasse near the fallen palace.
- PLEASE! Habiticans, stop exploring the dark crevasse!!! Lemoness is really getting worried. There have been.... reports.
- Reports of something big.
- Reports of something terrifying.
- Reports of mysterious aftershocks, growing in intensity.
- Besides, exploring the dark and dangerous crevasse has become a source of procrastination. Let's get back to work, people!
The July 1 update announced the arrival of the first Tavern boss, The Dread Drag'on of Dilatory!
- We should have heeded the warnings.
- Dark shining eyes. Ancient scales. Massive jaws, and flashing teeth. We've awoken something horrifying from the crevasse: **the Dread Drag'on of Dilatory!** Screaming Habiticans fled in all directions when it reared out of the sea, its terrifyingly long neck extending hundreds of feet out of the water as it shattered windows with its searing roar.
- "This must be what dragged Dilatory down!" yells Lemoness. "It wasn't the weight of the neglected tasks - the Dark Red Dailies just attracted its attention!"
- "It's surging with magical energy!" @Baconsaur cries. "To have lived this long, it must be able to heal itself! How can we defeat it?"
- Why, the same way we defeat all beasts - with productivity! Quickly, Habitica, band together and strike through your tasks, and all of us will battle this monster together. (There's no need to abandon previous quests - we believe in your ability to double-strike!) It won't attack us individually, but the more Dailies we skip, the closer we get to triggering its Neglect Strike - and I don't like the way it's eyeing the Tavern....
Game Features IntroducedEditar
The Lost City of DilatoryEditar
Rainbow Warrior SetEditar
In honor of the GaymerX convention, the Rainbow Warrior set was made available as a reward to all players to purchase for 0 GP during the month of July. It included the Rainbow Warrior Armor and the Rainbow Warrior Helmet. The set is decorative, conferring no benefit.
- Main article: Derby Day
NPC Costume ChangesEditar
The NPCs got so excited about the discovery of Dilatory that they moved over there for the summer! Daniel the Innkeeper opened a beachside tavern, and Alex started selling by the shore! Meanwhile, Justin the Guide began giving tours aboard boats, Ian began dispensing quest wisdom from the deep ocean, Matt opened stables for aquatic pets, and Bailey went swimming about keeping everyone informed! These were then damaged by the Dread Drag'on of Dilatory.
Special Class GearEditar
The sets of armor are linked to classes, and are as follows:
- Warrior: Daring Swashbuckler (set costs 310 gold)
- Mage: Emerald Mermage (set costs 310 gold)
- Healer: Reef Seahealer (set costs 310 gold)
- Rogue: Roguish Pirate (set costs 330 gold)
|Swashbuckler Robes||90||Increases CON by 9.||Complete with buckle, as well as swash. Adds 9 points to Constitution. Limited Edition 2014 Summer Gear.|
|Swashbuckler Bandanna||40||Increases STR by 9.||This soft, salty cloth fills its wearer with strength. Adds 9 points to Strength. Limited Edition 2014 Summer Gear.|
|Driftwood Shield||70||Increases CON by 7.||This shield, made from the wood of wrecked ships, can deter even the stormiest Dailies. Adds 7 points to Constitution. Limited Edition 2014 Summer Gear.|
|Seafaring Slicer||90||Increases STR by 15.||There isn't any To-Do list willing to tangle with this gnarly knife! Adds 15 points to Strength. Limited Edition 2014 Summer Gear.|
|Dashing Eyepatch||20||Confers no benefit.||It doesn't take a rapscallion to see how stylish this is! Confers no stat bonus. Limited Edition 2014 Summer Gear.|
|Emerald Tail||90||Increases INT by 9.||This garment of shimmering scales transforms its wearer into a real Mermage! Adds 9 points to Intelligence. Limited Edition 2014 Summer Gear.|
|Kelp-Wrapped Hat||40||Increases PER by 7.||What could be more magical than a hat wrapped in seaweed? Adds 7 points to Perception. Limited Edition 2014 Summer Gear.|
|Kelp Catcher||160||Increases INT by 15 and PER by 7.||This trident is used to spear seaweed effectively, for extra-productive kelp harvesting! Adds 15 points to Intelligence and 7 points to Perception. Limited Edition 2014 Summer Gear.|
|Shining Capelet||20||Confers no benefit.||Neither salt water nor fresh water can tarnish this metallic capelet. Confers no stat bonus. Limited Edition 2014 Summer Gear.|
|Seahealer Tail||90||Increases CON by 15.||This garment of shimmering scales transforms its wearer into a real Seahealer! Adds 15 points to Constitution. Limited Edition 2014 Summer Gear.|
|Coral Crown||40||Increases INT by 7.||Enables its wearer to heal damaged reefs. Adds 7 points to Intelligence. Limited Edition 2014 Summer Gear.|
|Shield of the Shallows||70||Increases CON by 9.||No one will dare to attack the coral reef when faced with this shiny shield! Adds 9 points to Constitution. Limited Edition 2014 Summer Gear.|
|Wand of the Shallows||90||Increases INT by 9||This wand, made of aquamarine and live coral, is very attractive to schools of fish. Adds 9 points to Intelligence. Limited Edition 2014 Summer Gear.|
|Coral Collar||20||Confers no benefit.||A stylish collar of live coral! Confers no benefit. Limited Edition 2014 Summer Gear.|
|Pirate Robes||90||Increases PER by 15.||These robes be very cozy, yarrrr! Adds 15 points to Perception. Limited Edition 2014 Summer Gear.|
|Pirate Hat||40||Increases PER by 9.||Only the most productive of pirates can wear this fine hat. Adds 9 points to Perception. Limited Edition 2014 Summer Gear.|
|Pirate Cutlass||90||Increases STR by 8||Avast! You'll make those Dailies walk the plank! Adds 8 points to Strength. Limited Edition 2014 Summer Gear.|
|Roguish Eyepatch||20||Confers no benefit.||It doesn't take a scallywag to see how stylish this is! Confers no stat bonus. Limited Edition 2014 Summer Gear.|